Problem with embeded ambx games

Discuss the world of amBX-enabled gaming with other gamers.

Problem with embeded ambx games

Postby @lien » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:24 am

Hey guys,

after having my ambx for 2 days, i tried several games.
almost everything works. biggest problem are the embedded games. crysis and cod4 crash every time. i cant see them in the control panel, but the lights do work. i can start the games, but crysis crashes while loading of a save game(every time), and cod4 crashes after 2sec ingame and sometimes while loading.
jericho is in my control panel but i cant switch to ambx:on in the game configs. the ambx:no just wont dissapear. so no lights whatsoever with that game either (i know i could just rename the exe and then i get my lights, i read that in another thread, but id like to h ave the full effect)

doom3, far cry 1 and 2 work very well.

also metro 2033 and alien vs predator are too laggy under dx11. if i switch to 9 its working, but even dx10 is too choppy.
bioshock 1 just wont get recognized by the software, i dont know what else i can try. bioshock 2 works like a charm.

could sb help me?
all games have latest patches and ambx software is up 2 date too.

im running on win7 x64
ati mobility 5850, latest catalyst drivers
i5 430m and 4gb ddr3 ram

thank you very much :D
Win7Pro x64, Acer Aspire 7745g, I5.430m@2,26ghz, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Surround 5.1 Pro, Ati Mobility 5850 1gb GDDR3, WD Scorpio Blue 640gb, OCZ Vertex 2E 120gb, Samsung Syncmaster p2770FH 27", Logitech G500, 1 AMBX kit
@lien

Re: Problem with embeded ambx games

Postby Vigilante » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:59 pm

@lien wrote:Hey guys,

thank you very much :D

Having the same problems here. Just bought my AmBX set a few days ago. COD:MW does work for a minute or 2, after that the game crashes and I get " iw3sp.exe doens't work" error.

Jericho exact same problems as @lien.

Crysis works good.

Also, I;ve notised a bug in windows 7 which I haven't encountered before I had AmBX:
When I click the "start menu" button (windows logo bottom left corner on desktop) and then click "all programs" I notice that the program menu has blank icons in front of the program names. I then slowly starts to " build" the icons back.

Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Athlon II X2 265
4 GB
Ati Radeon 4850 1 GB
Vigilante

Postby @lien » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:47 am

Hey Vigilante,

how did you get crysis to work? i even deinstalled the game a few minutes ago, reinstalled, tryed with every patch there is, it just wont work:(. im really desperate, since this is propably the most important game i want the whole setting to work...(even tried on win7 x86, still no luck)

with which exe do you start the game? crysis.exe in bin32 folder, crysis.exe in bin64 folder?(or even the 64bit exe?)

does nobody know how to help me/us?

please :cry:

edit:
now i tried doom3 RoE, but it doesnt work either. i have it in my control panel, i can start the game, i can play the game without ambx mod, i can load ambx mod in the mod section in the game menu. but when i choose the ambx version, i get back to the menu of the normal doom3 and when i click new game, it loads for some seconds and then sets me right back in the start menu, no warning, error whatsoever. now i read the guide that came with the mode and it tells me to disable the doom3 ambx effects in the control panel. but as i see it, with the newest version of the panel its impossible to disable the ambx effect for doom3. you just can disable the fans etc. but then you have to choose default, first person shooter etc.

edit:
no fans and rumble with medal of honor airborne, just lights...:'(
legendary works perfectly, rumble, fan lights
assasins creed crashes after ubisoft logo

whats going on?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

is it normal, that none of the supportet games show up in my control panel( the only ones are doom3 and roe,far cry 1 +2 , jericho(just the games i installes patches for, the others wont show up anywhere, not even in the unknown list)
Win7Pro x64, Acer Aspire 7745g, I5.430m@2,26ghz, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Surround 5.1 Pro, Ati Mobility 5850 1gb GDDR3, WD Scorpio Blue 640gb, OCZ Vertex 2E 120gb, Samsung Syncmaster p2770FH 27", Logitech G500, 1 AMBX kit
@lien

Postby Vigilante » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi,

My shortcut to Crysis redericts to bin32/crysis.exe. I just worked out of the box like that. It's the retail version. Don't know if you got the Steam version?

For the rest: I noticed that AmBX is quite buggy in our OS (Win 7 64 bit) and to be honest, I don't think there will be a lot of support for it either, since hardly any new games support AmBX.
Besides that, AmBX wasn't really a big commercial succes for Philips, so I don't expect to see any new drivers soon :(

Maybe when MadCatz releases their version of AmBX lights, we can use their drivers... who knows...
Vigilante

Postby @lien » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:14 pm

I really doesnt understand how the system could become such a flop. its really great and all, i think it was because of advertising. until some weeks, i didnt even know that such a thing exists, and i have to say i do know my way around gaming and computer hardware.

well, but im happy that it works with the game it does. but still, i saw that some mods here in the forum are still active and give very great support, so i tried my luck. maybe sb can still help me? it would be great!

i have still no luck with medal of honor airborne,assasins creed, crysis, cod4, doom3 roe,jericho and bioshock:(

edit: when i change the exe name of crysis and assasins creed and cod4, the control panel detects the "unknown" game and i can play with lights, no crashes whatsoever. but as i said, id like at least the few games with full support to be working:(
@lien

Postby MattMalik » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:46 am

I figured this would be fixed by now... I'm having the same issue. My retail copy of Jericho shows the AMBX option, but it will not change to the "on" position. I click and click, but it still says "ambx: no". It is registered in the ambx system as an embedded game. I do not understand why the patch doesn't have this fixed. Is there any update or configuration tweak that I can make to get the peripherals to activate in-game? The lights work (thanks to synesthesia), but that's all I can get. Please reply.
MattMalik

Return to Games