Shogun Total War 2

Discuss the world of amBX-enabled gaming with other gamers.

Shogun Total War 2

Postby TheCygnusXI » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:55 am

Hi all! I'm new to these forums, so let me just first start by saying that I LOVE my AMBX Cyborg gaming lights - in almost all cases they work without any trouble.

However, I've noticed that they will not work with Shogun Total War 2, no matter what I do. I make sure fraps is off and that I'm running the game with admin rights, but it still will not show up in the ambx control panel. The weirdest part of all of this is that if I perform the benchmarking test for Shogun 2, ambx detects that as the game and will work for it. Anyone else have this problem, or know what I could do to fix it?
TheCygnusXI

Re: Shogun Total War 2

Postby gblight » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:45 am

Heya,

I'm afraid due to the complicated nature of retrieving the video output of the games we can't guarantee that the amBX system will work for every game, but we're trying to do our best to keep up with the big games and the ones you guys enjoy playing with the system. Thanks for your feedback about Shogun Total War 2 which I've noted down.

there's a list of compatible games on our wiki here:

http://www.ambx.com/wiki/List_of_compatible_games

Thanks again.
gblight

Postby TheCygnusXI » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks for the reply! I've noticed something else that might help diagnose the problem- if the game is running with shader model 3 (dx9) the lights work, but once i go to shader model 4.1 and 5 (dx10, 11) the lights appear to stop working for the game. No idea if that would be of any help to you.
TheCygnusXI

Postby TheCygnusXI » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Just wondering if this problem has been noted. Could we expect a fix soon, possibly in a fxgen update?
TheCygnusXI

Postby LoB » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:26 pm

The problem has been noted and has just recently been reported to the engineers - have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4395&start=0

I cannot promise they get a fix out soon though. Known workaround for the moment is to switch to DirectX 9.
LoB

Postby TheCygnusXI » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:29 am

Thanks for the response - good to hear!
TheCygnusXI

Return to Games