Rage - problems with amBX

Discuss the world of amBX-enabled gaming with other gamers.

Rage - problems with amBX

Postby swissarmy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Hello,

I've recently tested a new game RAGE by ID Software that uses OpenGL.

Ambx control panel finds the game and everything looks normal (I can choose a profile etc.)
Lights work fine with cutscenes which are not rendered. Unfortunately during game lights don't turn on at all :( .

Any chance to fix it?

Thanks in advance for help.
swissarmy

Re: Rage - problems with amBX

Postby Pio » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Same problem here...
Starter Kit @ Windows7Pro x64, Asus P5K with Realtek ALC883
Pio

Postby S@uDepp » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Pio wrote:Same problem here...

....and here....
Q6600@3600MHz / MSI Platinum Combo / 2x2048 OCZ Reaper / POV GTX 570 2,5GB / all AC WaterCooled / CL Audigy 2ZS@T7900@Daniel_K / DELL 2407WFP / Razer Lachesis / Saitek x52 + Rudder / Linksys WRT54GL1.1@DDWRT / TrackIR 5 / Vista 64 Ultimate / 3x amBX
S@uDepp

Postby McConner » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:34 pm

Same here

Intro Lights turn on and when the Game starts all lights off
McConner

Postby Froglet » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Sorry - we are aware of this issue and looking into it.

Unusually this game uses two different graphics engines in tandem and at the moment only one of these is linking with the amBX. We will attempt to resolve this.
Froglet

Postby Killf4ce » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 am

Hi There, has there been any movement on this at all? thx.
Killf4ce

Postby ofcsu1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:31 am

Seriously. Anything? Its been months.
ofcsu1

Postby Langaleer » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:11 am

ofcsu1 wrote:Seriously. Anything? Its been months.

Yes, development and troubleshooting can take months - thats normal for any company.
Langaleer

Postby katepandyv » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Langaleer wrote:

Yes, development and troubleshooting can take months - thats normal for any company.

so they don't work with the game developers like all the other hardware companies , nvid,amd,logitech,steelseries etc etc etc so they can have drivers ready on the get go , why not , who wants to wait 6 months plus once a title comes out to play it as intended :? .
katepandyv

Postby Langaleer » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:53 pm

katepandyv wrote:
Langaleer wrote:

so they don't work with the game developers like all the other hardware companies , nvid,amd,logitech,steelseries etc etc etc so they can have drivers ready on the get go , why not , who wants to wait 6 months plus once a title comes out to play it as intended :? .

Well to be fair, their driver teams are a LOT bigger than amBX...saying that, your views on waiting 6 months to play a game fits rather well with AMD's drivers too :wink:
Langaleer

Postby katepandyv » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:19 pm

quote="ofcsu1"]Seriously. Anything? Its been months.[/quote]
Yes, development and troubleshooting can take months - thats normal for any company.[/quote]

so they don't work with the game developers like all the other hardware companies , nvid,amd,logitech,steelseries etc etc etc so they can have drivers ready on the get go , why not , who wants to wait 6 months plus once a title comes out to play it as intended :? .[/quote]
Well to be fair, their driver teams are a LOT bigger than amBX...saying that, your views on waiting 6 months to play a game fits rather well with AMD's drivers too :wink:[/quote]

Thats why i'm team green on the graphics front :P , but i kinda thought with Madcatz on the scene we would be getting better support , all respect for the guys working there but we just get " working on it " for an eternity with no discernable movement :( .
katepandyv

Postby Froglet » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Unfortunately it is not a question of developing new software for a release - we have done that and it works for most people, but there is a bug and a number of you are effected by it. We take that seriously but there is no point telling you anything other than we are working on it until we find a fix.

At the moment we can't even reproduce the issue on our own apparently identical systems which makes it very difficult. Our engineers are working with a number of you to get the extra information that might crack this.

I'm very sorry, there is nothing I'd like better than to fix it and fix it now.
Froglet

Postby katepandyv » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Froglet wrote:Unfortunately it is not a question of developing new software for a release - we have done that and it works for most people, but there is a bug and a number of you are effected by it. We take that seriously but there is no point telling you anything other than we are working on it until we find a fix.

At the moment we can't even reproduce the issue on our own apparently identical systems which makes it very difficult. Our engineers are working with a number of you to get the extra information that might crack this.

I'm very sorry, there is nothing I'd like better than to fix it and fix it now.

If your based in Surrey i could bring my system to you at a push ( its quite heavy !! ) , the fault would be apparent in < 10 minutes .
katepandyv

Postby Kryss2k » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

I have the issue on my Steam copy of the game (I'm unsure if it being a Steam version would make any difference).

I also tried (just for the sake of it) using it with Aurora Synesthesia and the new glOW but something in the game seems to stop the amBX software from working at all

katepandyv wrote:i kinda thought with Madcatz on the scene we would be getting better support , all respect for the guys working there but we just get " working on it " for an eternity with no discernable movement :( .

MadCatz deal with the hardware and amBX deals with the software so unless it's a hardware issue I don't see MadCatz bothering about it at all. The problem is that everyone's PC has different components and software on it... in many cases you can use software without issue but in some rare cases 2 out of the three pieces of software/hardware will work fine together but once you put all 3 together either one, 2 or all 3 mess up.

Like my mouse software needs to be installed AFTER amBX or there's issues - this is just one of those situations and they do happen on occasion (unfortunately).
I live my life in colour and see in sound
Make sure you are heard!
Kryss2k

Return to Games