Skyrim wont launch at all if amBX enabled

Discuss the world of amBX-enabled gaming with other gamers.

Skyrim wont launch at all if amBX enabled

Postby ValFrost » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:18 am

So, I've quickly found out after receiving my Cyborg Gaming Lights that Skyrim (for me) no longer launches unless I turn off EVERYTHING amBX related (that includes going into cntrl+alt+delete and shutting down amBX processes).

There have been a few instances where I was able to launch Skyrim with amBX running (I don't know why - it seems to be random) and amBX does not detect Skyrim at all...so it's not added to my list of games that I can enable it for....then again, from what I hear, it runs horribly with amBX on anyway.

Anyone have any insight on how to get Skyrim running with amBX enabled? Is there any way to force detection...ie. browsing and directing amBX to the skyrim.exe?
ValFrost

Re: Skyrim wont launch at all if amBX enabled

Postby gblight » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:37 am

Hi there ValFrost,

Unfortunately we can't provide a way of forcing detection. Our technology detects a games presence by intercepting the game as its run and if it's not being detected automatically then there is likely some problem or other piece of sofware preventing it from being able to do so.

If you're comfortable doing so you could open up the Windows registry and look to see if a profile for Skyrim already exists with our software.

Start Button->type 'regedit' in the search bar

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->amBX->Gaming FXGen->Profiles

In here you will find all the profiles currently detected by the system. If a Skyrim profile exists feel free to delete it. *** Warning generally deleting registry information is not recommended but in the case of the amBX FX Gen profiles, it's safe. Also if there was a Skyrim profile in there,if you could let me know, the feedback would be much appreciated :)

Thanks.
gblight

Postby Acid Hoover » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:23 am

Hey ValFrost, are you running any FXAA injector mods?
If so, that will prevent Skyrim from running.

Easiest way to check is to look in your Skyrim root directory.
See if you have a file called d3d9.dll
Rename it to old-d3d9.dll
Then try Skyrim.
If it works, then that's the issue.
Acid Hoover

Postby ValFrost » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:24 am

I am running Skyrim with FXAA Injector mod and a few others. I'm not on my PC at the moment, but I will try these suggestions tomorrow and report back.

Thanks for the tips!
ValFrost

Postby Killf4ce » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:34 pm

Acid Hoover wrote:Hey ValFrost, are you running any FXAA injector mods?
If so, that will prevent Skyrim from running.

Easiest way to check is to look in your Skyrim root directory.
See if you have a file called d3d9.dll
Rename it to old-d3d9.dll
Then try Skyrim.
If it works, then that's the issue.

hi there, is there ever likely to be a fix for the dll problem? as far as i can tell many users use these injectors on many different games so the fact that they conflict seems to be a bit of a pain?

thx
Killf4ce

Return to Games