The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut Not Working

Discuss the world of amBX-enabled gaming with other gamers.

The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut Not Working

Postby Bad213Boy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:31 am

The amBX control panel shows shows the game, publisher, Date Added, and Effects. When I enable amBX with the default profile, the game crashes immediately. When I choose the rollplaying or first person profile, the game starts but amBX doesn't kick on.

When I use the default profile, It says:

The Witcher has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program.

I've never seen so many problems with drivers like amBX has with games. It's like you fix something, something else breaks. That usually means you're using to many linear codes. It needs to be more complex. If you had better coders you could easily avoid screwing up old profiles that worked before you updated.
Bad213Boy

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut Not Working

Postby Bad213Boy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:54 am

The crashing issue seems to be related to the game itself. But amBX is still not working. I have to use either glOW or Aurora Synesthesia for it to work.
Bad213Boy

Postby Kryss2k » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:37 pm

I have this on Steam and it works fine for me (I'm on Windows 7 Professional - 32 Bit).
I live my life in colour and see in sound
Make sure you are heard!
Kryss2k

Postby Bad213Boy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:21 pm

I don't have steam for The Witcher. It's the first release of The Witcher with the updated Enhance Edition & Director's Cut downloads.
Bad213Boy

Postby Bad213Boy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:06 am

I got a copy of the full Witcher Enhanced Edition this past weekend and loaded it up. amBX worked fine. For some reason amBX did not work using the original Witcher v1.0 game. There might have been conflicts because the game was in so many languages and need lang packs for addition patches. Really sucks when you have to resort to Steam or Piracy to play a game, lol.
Bad213Boy

Postby Kryss2k » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:51 am

I've had many games work great until an "update" breaks it LOL... glad you have it working now :-)
I live my life in colour and see in sound
Make sure you are heard!
Kryss2k

Return to Games