NO WMP plugin?

Discuss how you think amBX-enabled music content will affect your appreciation and experience.

NO WMP plugin?

Postby Atrius » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi guys, got me AMBX premium kit today, and I've been fiddling round without much success. Doom 3 works grand with fans and lights, so I know it's now a case of niggles.

Anyway, I've installed all the software from the website (rather than the disc that came with it) but WMP doesn't have a plugin installed for the lighting. Have I been a bit dim and missed something?

[edit]

not so much solved as in a solution has been found, but I fired up media player this morning and it sat there looking at me with ambx enabled. bizarre. I imagine it's somthing to do with the order I turned on the computer, wmp, and the speakers.

[edit2]

Not solved at all. It's gone again! So now the problem isn't that it's never there, it's that sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't!
Last edited by Atrius on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Atrius

Re: NO WMP plugin?

Postby stanni » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:04 pm

the wmp lightning only works with music, I've read somewhere that there's too much security in wmp to apply the lights to movies...
you can use another mediaplayer (like media player classic or vlc) and the lights should work.
there's also the aurora synesthesia (here on the forum) that may help you if you absolutely want lights in wmp. It's also a great app to add the effect on websites, youtube videos, and much more.
stanni

Postby Zodius » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:24 pm

Stanni is corrent in what he says, but there should be a plugin with WMP for producing music effects (although I prefer my own tool over it :P). Have you made sure that you've updated amBX to the latest version? If not the option should be available in the amBX control panel. if so then you will need to go into WMP's options and look for it under plugins.

Also if you right click on your currently playing visualisation, there should be an amBX submenu that has copies of all your visualisations in there. Select one of them and the lights should react to your music.

It would help if you could give more info about what version of windows media player you are using too.

Hope this helps
Want lighting effects whenever you play Music, watch videos on YouTube, and much more? Try Aurora Synesthesia today!
Zodius

Postby Atrius » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Yeah, I'm fully updated, but there's no plugin present in WMP. I downloaded VLC and that works grand with the lighting, but WMP 11 has no mention of ambx anywhere.
Atrius

Postby Zodius » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Under the now playing tab, right click on the down arrow and go the the Plug-ins menu, and in it there should be "amBX audio FX Settings plugin". If its not there then you may want to go into your "add and remove programs" ("Programs and features" in vista) and see if the amBX Audio FX Gen 3.1.1 is installed. If not then it needs to be downloaded via the update option in the control panel.

Want lighting effects whenever you play Music, watch videos on YouTube, and much more? Try Aurora Synesthesia today!
Zodius

Postby Atrius » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:08 pm

it's not there in WMP, but FXGen 3.1.1 is in add/remove programs :?
Atrius

Postby madl3ss » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:44 pm

iv got the same problem iv uninstalled and reinstalled a through times but its not adding the plug-in to windows media player? any idea
madl3ss

Postby foxyboi » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:03 pm

what versions of WMP are you using? Ambx should work with all versions.
well i haven't found a problem with any versions ive used.

maybe windows media player needs rebooting manually.
Try this:

control panel --> un-install a program. (list of programs installed should pop up) -->
on the left pane there should be something that says "turn windows features on or off" --> Select this --> let this load, may take some time. --> media features --> window media player. untick this.

Another way is to go to the control panel and search in the box on the top right, "features" it should be the first thing or says "turn windows features on or off". then follow the last few steps previously written.

Select OK and if it tells you to reboot then do this. Go back to the features menu using the above. then tick the box next to windows media player again.
Again if it asks for reboot. Then do so.
Hopefully this will fix it.
It does reboot WMP so if it doesn't work I have run out of ideas.
This solution is for Vista/Windows 7

Hope it helps
Foxyboi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Core i5 650 4.0 Ghz, GTX570, 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz, 6TB series of Hdd, 2 Premium Ambx Kits, G15 + n52te, Saitek Cyborg mouse, Logitech Force3DPro, BD/DVD
MADCATZ OWNER! ]
foxyboi

Postby Langaleer » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:11 pm

Something appears to have gone amiss with the updates. Not sure if its BETA users that are mainly effected. I went to use WMP with the lights, and while it was there before, it certainly wasn't now and I had to use the manual download that was posted on the forum for it to install and work as the updater didn't list it as missing.
Langaleer

Postby WWNSX » Fri May 20, 2011 2:56 am

Langaleer wrote:Something appears to have gone amiss with the updates. Not sure if its BETA users that are mainly effected. I went to use WMP with the lights, and while it was there before, it certainly wasn't now and I had to use the manual download that was posted on the forum for it to install and work as the updater didn't list it as missing.

Actually I just reinstalled all the normal amBX software and before upgrading to the latest BETA software the Audio FXGen directory gets removed from the default amBX install directory during the 3.6.4 profiles update.

I made a copy of it before it got removed but if anyone can tell me where the dll's go and what registry changes i need to make i'd be happy to zip up the files and upload them.
WWNSX

Postby Langaleer » Fri May 20, 2011 7:10 pm

WWNSX wrote:
Langaleer wrote:Something appears to have gone amiss with the updates. Not sure if its BETA users that are mainly effected. I went to use WMP with the lights, and while it was there before, it certainly wasn't now and I had to use the manual download that was posted on the forum for it to install and work as the updater didn't list it as missing.

Actually I just reinstalled all the normal amBX software and before upgrading to the latest BETA software the Audio FXGen directory gets removed from the default amBX install directory during the 3.6.4 profiles update.

I made a copy of it before it got removed but if anyone can tell me where the dll's go and what registry changes i need to make i'd be happy to zip up the files and upload them.

Theres no need for that, as the AudioFX installer has already been posted in another thread if people need to re-install it, but thanks for the offer 8)
Langaleer

Return to Music