Really great app!
I do only use the aurora mode, but I got some comments for you:
- Works with Win7 x64 in Desktop (Aero is switched off), my DVB TV application and games (new Command and Conquer).
What DVB TV app are you using, as I use AverMedia and just get a purple colour appear on the lights.
- Doesn't work with Windows Media Center
Any idea why?
- There is a big delay in games (>1 sec). This is because you have to get the information back from the grafic card, if i have understood you correctly?
It has never been the intention of Aurora to support games or programs that use graphics. If it does work on a particular game that the FX Gen doesn't then that's great (QuakeLive is the one I know of). Its ownly intention was to work with your normal desktop, using your typical print screen command. Therefore if you want a quick test to see what Aurora is seeing, do print screen and paste it into paint. This is probably why Media Centre doesn't work because it is just being seen as black (or some other colour).
- The whole amBX lights switch off for a very short moment, if a new tooltip or menu pops us. This is really annoying, because when you are surfing/working, the lights flash all the time.
I've never encountered this and nobody else seems to have reported it. The only reason the lights would flash is if Aurora is forced to reinitialised itself, which should only occur when changing screen resolution or locking your computer. The fact that every tool tip causes this problem, suggests that vista must be displaying them in some way that isn't conventional. I would suggest you play arround with your settings and see if anything has an effect, in which case please let me know as I can then start including a fix for it.
- It won't work with BluRays - but that is ok, because even Phillps hasn't found a solution yet, because the data stream between the BluRay and the screen is encrypted.
As I've mentioned above, do a print screen. If you just see a blank video window then thats all Aurora see's and there is nothing I can do about it. This goes for everything that doesn't work with Aurora, and is a good way of seeing whether it will work with certain games. For example I've started playing the original Unreal again, and although the Control Panel doesn't pic it up, Aurora quite happily makes the lights react (but I think the effect could be improved).
Please keep your feedback coming in, as well as any testing being done.